Smart plugs are becoming increasing popular because they have the capability to make out everyday lives easier. You can control your electronic devices remotely, using your smartphone, through a mobile app. Basically you can convert any devices which goes in a wall plug, a smart device. Here is the d link smart plug review.
- Total reviews: 281
- Turn your Devices On or Off using a Mobile application
- Make schedules for automatic turning on and off
- Works with Google assistant
- Works with Amazon Alexa ( AMAZON ECHO DOT )
- Also works with existing Wi-fi networks
- IFTTT compatible
You can buy it here on AMAZON (currently on discount)
70% of the reviews are positive. Most of the negative reviews involve users who can’t get it to work properly or getting any bugs/issues. But if proper steps are followed, it works fine. D link smart plug is one of the best in the smart plugs category. (Other good alternatives are TP-Link smart plug).
D link smart plug is very straightforward to use. The setup process is very simple and you are good to go is a few steps. The installation manual is very easy to understand. Within no time, you will be able to control your appliances wile sitting on your sofa.
How to connect a d-link smart plug to amazon echo dot:
- Install ‘mydlink home’ app.
- Set up all your smart plugs and create personalized names for all the devices.
- Open your Alexa app and go to Skills section.
- Search for the word ‘dlink’ and it will be shown on the screen.
- Select mydlink home
- Punch in your username and password
- Toggle the enable button.
- It should now display that your smartplugs are ready to be operated.
- Now you can enable with the command: ‘Alexa launch mydlink’
Here are 2 other alternatives to the d link smart plug:
- Number of reviews: 13,922
- Wifi enabled, no plug required, works with alexa and google assistant.
You can buy it here on: AMAZON (Currently on 50% discount)
- Number of reviews: 1515
- Energy monitoring, no hub required, works with Alexa and google assistant
You can buy it here on: AMAZON (Currently on discount)
So this was the d link smart plug review (very brief overview). You can checks out the alternative smart plugs too.